2020 Membership to the Plantae Orchid Club
How does it work?
Membership runs from January to December each year.
Renewal of membership must take place on an annual basis.
What benefits will members get?
- 10% discount on all mail orders, any orchid show pre-orders and Open Day purchases.
- Four special flowering orchids during the year (two in autumn and two in spring) plus two seedling orchid plants (one in autumn and one in spring). Members will have the opportunity to choose plants from a selection of flowering orchids and this will then be posted to you. If no selection is made we will send you plants of our choice.
- Free cultural advice.
- Affiliation to the South African Orchid Council (@R200 per year, included in the fee listed below) which includes two informative journals sent to your post box each year as well as all other benefits of being a member of the SAOC: monthly newsletters, the privilege to have plants judged and awarded by accredited SAOC orchid judges and the opportunity to exhibit your plants at orchid shows.
- Special offers on plants, available only to members of our club.
- Be the first to know of new, exciting plants we have available.
- At the end of the year we will also have a lucky draw that will include two flowering plants and a free membership for the next year.
- A monthly newsletter and notifications of orchid related events.
- Have the opportunity to join the Plantae Orchid Club WhatsApp group where loads of photos and information is shared between members. This is the perfect opportunity to learn more about orchids and orchid growing.
- We even keep copies of members' wish lists to see if we are able to source any special or sought after plants for members.
- There are a few extra special surprises in store for 2020 members!
How much does it cost?
We have decided to keep the fee the same as the last 2 years!
It will be R1500.00 for a year's membership (SAOC affiliation will be deducted from those who are already affiliated to the SAOC through another society).
How to become a member?
Please complete and return the membership form (which can be downloaded below) to us. We will supply you with a reference to use for your payment as well as the banking details and amount to be transferred (as some might already have their SAOC fees paid through another society). Please do not pay your membership without receiving the reference number first as this makes it difficult for us to allocate your payment.
We look forward to welcome you as a member of the Plantae Orchid Club in 2020!